Join us on a trip to one of the most imposing mountains in the country!
Hajdučka vrata or Mijatov prolaz is a natural phenomenon on the Čvrsnica mountain. It is a geomorphological monument of nature. Hajdučka Vrata (2000 m above sea level), is located in the eastern part of the mountain Čvrsnica. It is a natural phenomenon of indescribable beauty.
Hajdučka Vrata (the Hajduk gate) has been creating natural conditions in that place for centuries. In nature, it is a ring of rock through which winds pass, and they are located on the edge of the Diva Grabovica canyon.
The western approach to Hajdučka Vrata is from the direction of Risovac and is easier than from the direction of Diva Grabovica. It is accessed by the asphalt regional road R419, which leads from Jablanica to Blidinje, 23km long. A signpost marked “Muharnica” marked a left turn on Risovac on a poorer macadam road to Vitlenica, 3.5km long. There is a ramp on this road to prevent illegal logging, but it is not locked now. The starting point of the trail is at the locality Vitlenica from the elevation of 1470m above sea level. The trail is 8.5km long and takes about 3.5 hours to walk.
BEFORE YOU GO:
- Activity time: 3:30h
- Total tour time with transfer: 6:00h
- Dificulty: Moderate
- Minimum registration: 1 person
- Season from: April 1′ – December 15′
- Languages spoken: English
- Please show up at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time. The tour starts at 7:00 and ends depending on the physical level of participants and the weather.
- Hiking wear; ensure you have some layers of clothing to add or remove as the temperature varies significantly from start to destination point
- Hiking boots or non-slip, sturdy sports shoes. No open toe shoes!
- Water bottle (2 litre min)
- Light snack