Kravica Waterfall is a favorite Herzegovinian picnic area and summer swimming spot.
3 kilometers downstream from the village of Hrašljani, between the villages of Studenci and Zvirici, the river Trebizat creates a waterfall 28 meters high and a beautiful natural amphitheater 120 meters wide.
This natural phenomenon has been attracting many nature lovers for years, and in the summer months, tourists are offered swimming and activities on the river.
Start you water adventure down the Trebižat with a swim at the gorgeous “Kravica” waterfalls, a travertine barrier forming a 25 m waterfall. Then experience one of the biggest adrenaline challenges on the Trebižat – the descent down the little Kravica – followed by enjoying a calmer section of the river flow through the untouched landscape until the lunch break. Invigorated by local produce, you continue the 15 km long water adventure, intersected by rapids in its second half. The adventure will take you to exciting locations where you will have the chance to test and improve your reflexes and stamina as well as to enjoy the nature and gastronomic delicacies. The excursion provides both, the possibility of a single descent down the 3 m high rapids for those who want to experience the full power of the Trebižat, as well as a safe detour for those without previous experience on the water.
- The length of the route is 15 km with the starting point at the “Kravica” waterfalls and ending point in Struge.
- Equipment includes two-seater inflatable boats, two-bladed paddles, vests, helmets, water-proof bags and neoprene suits and footwear.
- The excursion is moderately physically demanding and requires light physical fitness.
- Previous experience is recommended but not mandatory.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old.
- Own things to bring: water, sun protection (sun glasses, hat, sun screen), a change of clothes.
- Facilities available at several spots during the excursion where one can order food and drinks and use the toilet.
- Special conditions: the organizer reserves the right to cancel the excursion without prior notice due to bad weather conditions.
- Excursion availability and booking: it is necessary to book the excursion at least one day in advance. Excursion is organized for groups of 2 to 10 persons from April to November.
- Meeting point is in Struge. The participants will be taken to the Kravica waterfalls (starting point of the tour) by our transportation vehicles.
Excursion duration is 6 hours and is organized in the morning hours. Meeting is at 10 a.m. In Struge.